Gynaecology and obstetrics are the studies of the female reproductive system. Read on to find out more.
- Laparoscopy: the diagnosis and removal of cysts and infections from the ovaries and fallopian tubes
- Cone biopsies: the removal unhealthy cells from the cervix to prevent cervical cancer
- Hysterectomies: the removal of a woman’s uterus
- Caesarean (or C) section: surgically cutting a baby out from its mother’s womb to avoid problems during labour
- Cervical sutures: using tape to strengthen a woman’s cervix to prevent miscarriages
- External cephalic version (ECV): turning the baby around in the womb so it is in the correct position for birth