Reflective practice is a way of studying your own experiences to improve the way you work. It is very useful for health professionals who want to carry on learning throughout their lives.
- Description - What happened?
- Feelings - What did you think and feel about it?
- Evaluation - What were the positives and negatives?
- Analysis - What sense can you make of it?
- Conclusion - What else could you have done?
- Action Plan - What will you do next time?
- What ...is the problem? ...was my role? ...happened? ...were the consequences?
- So what ...was going through my mind? ...should I have done? ...do I know about what happened now?
- Now what ...do I need to do? ...broader issues have been raised? ...might happen now?